- We are not an exercise group – the Bible often uses walking to describe living. How we walk is talking about how we live.
- And we are called to walk by faith (2 Corinthians 5:7), to walk in love (Romans 14:15), to walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16), to walk worthy (Ephesians 4:1), to walk in the light (1 John 1:7), to walk in Jesus (Colossians 2:6) (and more).
- This doesn’t happen automatically, or overnight, but Christ helps us, and we help each other.
- And helping each other is walking together. So we share our lives together (1 Thessalonians 2:8) and work together and eat together (Acts 2:46) and laugh together and cry together (Romans 12:15).
- We help each other, and encourage each other (Hebrews 3:13).
- Sadly we sin with and against each other. So, when needed we rebuke each other in love (Matthew 18:15).
- But, gladly we confess our sin to each other (James 5:16) and bear with each other and forgive each other (Ephesians 4:32) and teach each other and love each other (John 15:12).
- When we worship together and walk together then we already have a context of shared lives in which to witness together →
Some of our opportunities for Walking Together
See Calendar → for times and locations
- Mid-week meetings for prayer and Bible study
- Camps – including with the other churches in our presbytery
- First Friday Fun on alternate months
- Supper together after evening worship on the first Lord’s Day of each month
- Fireside Chat for young people grade 11 and up one Lord’s Day evening each month